How do you develop a discussion question?
Tips for Writing Discussion Questions
- Compare, contrast, and look for connections between articles assigned on a given day with each other or with past articles assigned for class.
- Look for �gaps� in authors’ reasoning or statements that you find problematic.
- Think about the broader issues that the author’s arguments point to.
What do you say in a discussion post?
Ask a probing question or ask your classmate for a clarification or an explanation of a point made in the post. Share an insight or something you learned from reading your peer’s posting or from your other reading. Explain how someone’s post helped you understand the material or made you rethink your own views.
How many words should a discussion be?
Generally the length of the ‘Discussion ‘ section should not exceed the sum of other sections (ıntroduction, material and methods, and results), and it should be completed within 6–7 paragraphs.. Each paragraph should not contain more than 200 words, and hence words should be counted repeteadly.
How do you start a discussion post?
How to Write a Strong Discussion Post [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Do your homework.
- Read prompts carefully.
- Wake up your classmates with a strong argument or perspective.
- Be relevant.
- Bring something unique to the post.
- Prepare your response in a text editor (like Word) before you post.
- Leave participants wanting more.
How do you start a discussion forum?
Creating a Discussion Forum
- On the main Discussion Board page, on the Action Bar, click Create Forum.
- On the Create Forum page, type a Name. Users click this name to access the forum.
- Optionally, type instructions or a description in the Description text box.
- Under Forum Availability, select the Yes option.
- Select Forum Settings.
- Click Submit.