What makes a great school secretary?
They are able to take a chaotic situation and provide calming solutions with the urgency that the situation may require. 2. They know everything! If you ever need an answer to a question, a school secretary will either know the answer off the top of his/her head or be able to find it for you very quickly.
What is the qualification of secretary?
(i) Qualifications specified in clause (a) above; (ii) A degree in law granted by any university. (iii) Membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. (iv) Membership of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
What is professional secretary?
A professional secretary, more commonly known as an administrative or executive assistant, acts as a gateway between clients and employees of a business. He or she might screen visitors and phone calls and arrange callbacks or appointments.
How can I remove a company secretary?
As per the current law, the decision of removal of a company secretary is taken by way of passing and approving a board resolution by the directors of the company. There is no need for any shareholder consultation or approval at the time of removal of the company secretary.
Is being a secretary stressful?
The modern secretary may be as stressed out as the boss behind the big desk. The survey results say that secretaries typically face stress in quadruplicate: a lack of control over work flow, a lack of growth opportunities, a lack of recognition and a lack of communication.
Who is routine secretary?
Secretaries (general) perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, organising and maintaining paper and electronic files or providing information to callers and visitors.
What is being a secretary like?
They like working with data and details more than with ideas.. They also like starting up and carrying out projects. They like leading people and making many decisions. Sometimes they require risk taking and often deal with business.
What is the meaning of secretary?
1 : a person who is employed to take care of records, letters, and routine work for another person. 2 : an officer of a business corporation or society who is in charge of the letters and records and who keeps minutes of meetings. 3 : a government official in charge of a department the secretary of education.
What are the rights of company secretary?
Major Rights of Company Secretary
- Firstly, he can supervise, control and he can direct subordinate officers and employee.
- Secondly, he can sign and authenticate the proceeding of meetings.
- He has a right to blow the whistle whenever he finds necessary.
Where do secretaries work?
Secretaries and administrative assistants work in offices. Secretaries and administrative assistants work in nearly every industry. Most secretaries and administrative assistants work in an office setting. Some administrative assistants may work out of their own homes as virtual assistants.
How can I be a successful secretary?
Quality, skills & knowledge
- be methodical, with a good eye for detail;
- be well organised, with an orderly mind;
- bring objectivity to the proceedings;
- deal promptly with correspondence;
- be able to take accurate notes of meetings;
- make sure members receive all the necessary material;
What is CS salary?
Company Secretary Salary In India
|Particulars||Company Secretary Salary Package|
|Salary||Rs 247,142 – Rs 1,374,138|
|Bonus||Rs 10,022 – Rs 390,555|
|Profit Sharing||Rs 12,671 – Rs 690,428|
|Total Pay||Rs 248,933 – Rs 1,442,945|
Is Secretary higher than manager?
Two of these positions are secretaries and office managers and they differ greatly in responsibilities, scope, education and salary. While an office manager works closely with internal operations, secretaries serve both managers and the company, especially if the secretary takes on general receptionist duties.
Who can become a secretary?
Eligibility to become Company Secretary (CS) Subjects Combination: Candidates with any stream in Class 12 with zeal to excel in the field are eligible to take up Company Secretary Career. After Class 12, students must take up ICSI Foundation course. The duration of the foundation course is eight months.
How does a secretary work?
Here are the five steps you can take to become a secretary:
- Enroll in office courses. High school graduates may complete office courses to qualify for entry-level jobs.
- Choose a field.
- Get a post-secondary certificate or degree.
- Look for a secretary position.
- Advance in the field.
What is a secretary called now?
Can you still say Secretary?
As job description for a secretary, no. If used as a put down it could be deliberately insulting in some cases, just as calling somebody a mechanic or a cop or a short order cook could be a deliberate insults in some particular situations where is deliberately misrepresents the job.
What are the roles and responsibilities of company secretary?
In India, it is the Company Secretary advises the board of directors on corporate governance and director’s duties. This comprises managing the interest area of the shareholders, issues of conflict in interest, investor guidelines and handling with applicable codes.
Why do I want a secretary job?
Motives the interviewers want to hear You want to have this job, because you believe you can bring some value to the office as a secretary. You have good communication skills, you are friendly, and people feel good with you. Simply you believe you can do a good job as a personal assistant.
How many hours do secretaries work?
What are the responsibilities of executive secretary?
- Provide administrative and clerical support to departments or individuals.
- Schedule meetings and arrange conference rooms.
- Alert manager about cancelations or new meetings.
- Manage travel and schedule.
- Handle information requests.
- Prepare correspondence and stuff mail into envelopes.
What is the role of a secretary?
Typical responsibilities of the job include: answering calls, taking messages and handling correspondence. maintaining diaries and arranging appointments. typing, preparing and collating reports.
What makes a good school receptionist?
Dependability in a receptionist is essential. Professionals at all levels should be able to feel confident that important calls and messages are being monitored and recorded and that visitors are treated with respect and courtesy.
What makes a great personal assistant?
Good personal assistants understand, in detail, their boss’s numerous tasks. A great personal assistant understands how these tasks fit into the overall scope of the business, and is able to communicate with senior executives in all areas of his or her boss’s work. Become an Expert in Communication.
What is the best way to use a personal assistant?
How to Best Utilize Your Personal Assistant
- Organize an initial meeting.
- Determine your assistant’s level of involvement.
- Clarify day to day responsibilities.
- Be clear on your position involving deadlines.
- Communicate whether you are a detail oriented or “big picture” person.
- Have a daily morning meeting.
- Practice regular and open communication.
What are good secretary skills?
6 key traits of a great secretary.
- communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate with one’s boss is vital, but in addition, a secretary can often be the first point of contact for clients, stakeholders and business partners.
- organisational knowledge.
- planning skills.
How can a personal assistant add value?
Below are five ways Executive Assistants can add value to their company:
- Keep information, the right information, flowing.
- Volunteer to lead special projects.
- Tell stories.
- Create or join a committee.
How do you effectively use a secretary?
How to Work More Effectively With Your Secretary
- Open Up the Lines of Communication. Make yourself available and willing to answer any questions that may arise.
- Delegate Properly.
- Give Honest Feedback Often.
- Explain the Big Picture.
- Give Them Autonomy.
- Ask For and Value Their Opinion.
- Have Them Document Processes.
What is the qualities of a good receptionist?
10 Personality Traits of a Great Receptionist
- Being open to new people and ideas.
- Being friendly and polite.
- Being sociable.
- Being judicious and careful.
- Able to control emotions.
- Able to empathize with others.
- Ability to work under Pressure.
- Ability to remain calm.
How do you become a famous assistant?
There is no minimum educational requirement to become a celebrity personal assistant. However, a college degree or a background in sales, communications, or public relations can be helpful. Most employers do not provide on-the-job training and expect assistants to be able to learn quickly on their own.
What exactly does a personal assistant do?
A Personal Assistant (PA) works with senior staff to provide one-to-one support. Typically PAs support senior managers by offering administrative help such as monitoring a manager’s email, drafting communications on their behalf, planning and organising meetings and their travel.
What are the skills of a secretary?
Key skills for secretaries
- Good communication, customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Teamworking skills.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Negotiation skills.
- Tact, discretion and diplomacy.
What qualifications do you need for a personal assistant?
Which Qualifications are Needed?
- 5 GCSEs, grade C and above, including in English and Maths.
- Short hand writing skills.
- IT proficiency, including word processing and diary management.
- Foreign language skills.
- A full, clean driving license.
- An NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Business Administration.