What is the point of a pseudonym?
A pen name becomes a sort of shield, allowing the author to conceal his or her identity, shake off any pre-conceived notions, internal or external, and to write freely in the genre of his or her choice. As a general rule, most authors should publish under their legal, given name.
Who is the best selling living author?
Should I use my real name or a pseudonym?
To use or not use a pen name or pseudonym is a personal choice. There’s not really a right or wrong answer on this—unless you do share a name with a well-known author and/or celebrity. Just remember: If you do use one, be ready to take on that new persona (even if it’s very similar to your actual identity).
How do I choose a fake name?
To choose a pen name:
- Identify the right age for your pseudonym.
- Choose options that fit your literary genre.
- Check the availability of your pen name’s URL and social media handles.
- Choose a name that’s easy to spell, pronounce, and remember.
- Make sure your pen name isn’t similar or identical to another author’s.
Is it legal to write under a pseudonym?
An author of a copyrighted work can use a pseudonym or pen name. Copyright does not protect pseudonyms or other names. If you write under a pseudonym but want to be identified by your legal name in the Copyright Office’s records, give your legal name and your pseudonym on your application for copyright registration.
What author has sold the most books?
List of best-selling fiction authors
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
What’s everyone reading right now 2020?
The 2020 books worth reading now
- “Actress,” by Anne Enright.
- “The Adventurer’s Son,” by Roman Dial.
- “And I Do Not Forgive You,” by Amber Sparks.
- “Bird Summons,” Leila Aboulela.
- “The Burn,” by Kathleen Kent.
- “Cleanness,” by Garth Greenwell.
- “Deacon King Kong,” by James McBride.
- “Dear Edward,” by Ann Napolitano.
What is the #1 best selling book 2019?
Best Sellers of 2019 in Books
- #1. Where the Crawdads Sing. Delia Owens.
- #2. Becoming. Michelle Obama.
- #3. Educated: A Memoir.
- #4. Dog Man: For Whom the Ball Rolls: From the…
- #5. Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies…
- #6. Dog Man: Fetch-22: From the Creator of Captain…
- #7. Wrecking Ball (Diary of a Wimpy Kid Book 14)
- #8. The Wonderful Things You Will Be.