What is the meaning of to reflect?
transitive verb. 1 : to prevent passage of and cause to change direction a mirror reflects light. 2 : to give back or exhibit as an image, likeness, or outline : mirror the clouds were reflected in the water. 3 : to bring or cast as a result his attitude reflects little credit on his judgment.
What’s another word for reflect?
Frequently Asked Questions About reflect Some common synonyms of reflect are cogitate, deliberate, reason, speculate, and think. While all these words mean “to use one’s powers of conception, judgment, or inference,” reflect suggests unhurried consideration of something recalled to the mind.
What materials Cannot absorb water?
The aluminum and plastic are made from materials that do not attract water molecules. Also, the aluminum and plastic do not have spaces for the water to move into like felt and paper. Therefore, the aluminum and plastic do not absorb water.
How do you reflect on experience?
A 3-Step Process To Improve With Self-Reflection
- Reflect on your experience. Think about what you did, thought, and felt at the time. •
- Reflect on your learning. Analyze your experience and compare to the models or principles that you want to follow. •
- Apply to your practice. Apply your learning to your practice.
What is another word for soak up?
In this page you can discover 14 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for soak up, like: steep, immerse, plunge, suck, engulf, engross, absorb, sop up, imbibe, suck up and draw.
How do you use reflect in a sentence?
CK 667965 Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
- [S] [T] Water reflects light. (
- [S] [T] I reflected on the problem. (
- [S] [T] It’s time to reflect on your past. (
- [S] [T] A mirror reflects light. (
- [S] [T] Reflect on what you have done. (
What does it mean to reflect on your work?
Reflecting helps you to develop your skills and review their effectiveness, rather than just carry on doing things as you have always done them. It is about questioning, in a positive way, what you do and why you do it and then deciding whether there is a better, or more efficient, way of doing it in the future.
What is another word for absorb?
SYNONYMS FOR absorb 2 assimilate, consume, devour, engulf; destroy.
What is an example of absorb?
Absorb means to soak up. An example of absorb is when a towel takes in water from your body after a bath. Absorb is defined as to take in something and make it part of a larger unit. An example of absorb is a big company that takes over a smaller one.
How do you write a reflection at work?
Writing a Reflection Paper Outline
- Body Paragraphs.
- Step 1: Create a Main Theme.
- Step 2: Brainstorm Ideas and Experiences You’ve Had Related to Your Topic.
- Step 3: Analyse How and Why These Ideas and Experiences Have Affected Your Interpretation of Your Theme.
What does it mean to reflect on experience?
If you reflect on your past experiences, you look at them once again thoughtfully. Reflect also means to give evidence of the character or quality of something. Most parents want their children to reflect their own strengths by emulating their behavior.