What is the different types of hinge?
11 Types of Hinges
- Ball Bearing Hinge. The ball bearing hinge has lubricated bearings between the hinge’s knuckles to reduce friction caused by heavy doors.
- Spring-Loaded Butt Hinge.
- Barrel Hinge.
- Concealed Hinge.
- Overlay Hinge.
- Offset Hinge.
- Piano Hinge.
- Strap Hinge.
What are the different types of concealed hinges?
The three main classifications of concealed hinges are full overlay, half overlay, and inset.
What are the different types of cupboard hinges?
Cabinet Hinge Types
- Wrap Around Hinges. Full Wrap-Around:
- Face Frame (Semi-Concealed) Hinges. The frame wing is visible when the cabinet door is closed.
- Surface Mount Hinges.
- Inset Hinges.
- Overlay Hinges.
- Reverse Bevel Hinges.
- Flush/Full Inset Hinges.
What is a Backflap hinge?
Back Flap hinges are generally used for screwing to the face of a door which is too thin to fit other hinges such as Butt hinges. Back Flap hinges are made from mild steel, zinc plated and are offered in various sizes.
What are invisible hinges called?
What Is a Concealed Hinge? Concealed hinges—also called invisible, hidden and European—are used on entry and interior doors, cabinets and furniture. They’ve been around for a long time. Soss, a well-known brand, has been making them for more than 100 years.
What are double demountable hinges?
Double demountable hinges have two slots: one in the face of the cabinet frame and one in the edge of the door. We offer double and single demountable hinges for overlay doors as well as partial inset doors on a face frame cabinet. An overlay door is typically larger than the cabinet opening that it covers.
How do I know what kind of hinge I need?
As a rule, use one hinge per every 30 inches of door:
- Doors up to 60 inches need two hinges.
- Doors over 60 inches, but not over 90 inches, need three hinges.
- Doors over 90 inches, but not over 120 inches, need four hinges.