What does ordered engrossed mean?
engrossed bill – The official copy of a bill or joint resolution passed by the Senate and certified by the secretary of the Senate.
What’s another word for engrossed?
Engrossed Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus….What is another word for engrossed?
What is something that engrosses you?
When you’re engrossed in something, you’re so consumed by it that you don’t notice anything else, like when you’re engrossed in a conversation with that cute girl from your math class. Use the adjective engrossed to describe someone who is completely absorbed in something, whether it’s a task, a person, or an object.
How do you use elicit?
Elicit in a Sentence 🔉
- The comedian hoped his jokes would elicit a great deal of laughter from the audience.
- Because Hilary wanted to elicit sympathy votes, she told the story of her fight with cancer a few days before the election.
How do you use figure out in a sentence?
Examples of ‘figure out’ in a sentence figure out
- Beyond the fact that they evidently had a great deal of money, she could not figure out anything about them.
- Tell you what; I’m goin’ to figure out some kind of a badge.
- Bob meanwhile was wracking his brains trying to figure out what could have happened.
What is the synonym of engrossed?
clothed, cloaked, captive, mantled, absorbed, enwrapped, confined, wrapped, jailed, imprisoned, intent, draped. Antonyms: spoken, inattentive. engrossed(adj)
What is a sentence for elicit?
Elicit sentence example. It is important to elicit a suitable response from the children for each assembly. I asked, more to take his mind off mayhem than to elicit information. It is difficult to elicit sympathy for a silly old man caught up in dark dealings.
What are some synonyms for engrossed?
Synonyms & Antonyms of engrossed
- (also focussed),
What is an antonym for the word engrossed?
Antonyms: spoken, inattentive. Synonyms: clothed, cloaked, captive, mantled, absorbed, enwrapped, confined, wrapped, jailed, imprisoned, intent, draped.