What books can I read to improve my vocabulary?
7 Novels to Read for a Better Vocabulary
- The Count of Monte Cristo. Alexandre Dumas’ famous adventure novel explores the classic, timeless themes of betrayal, hope, and vengeance, as well as the consequences of those actions.
- Shakespearean Plays.
- Love in the Time of Cholera.
- Game of Thrones.
- Gulliver’s Travels.
- Slaughterhouse Five.
Which one is the best English grammar book?
Grammar books that are great for school & college students
- Wren & Martin High School English Grammar & Composition.
- Intermediate English Grammar by Raymond Murphy.
- English Grammar & Composition by S.C.
- Advanced English Grammar by Martin Hewings.
- Oxford Modern English Grammar.
Which books are best to improve English?
9 great novels to help improve your English
- The Wind in the Willows – Kenneth Grahame.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding.
- The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway.
- Animal Farm – George Orwell.
- Tuesdays with Morrie – Mitch Albom.
- High Fidelity – Nick Hornby.
- The Giver – Lois Lowry.
- Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl.
Who is the best writer of English grammar?
English Editing Blog
- English Grammar by Raymond Murphy.
- The Penguin Guide to Punctuation by R L Trask.
- Eats Shoots and Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss.
- The Elements of Style by William Strunk Jr.
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King.
How can I quiet my mind to hear God?
Here are 6 tips for quieting your mind so you can listen to God:
- Place yourself in an environment that helps you concentrate.
- Talk to God about what you’re reading in the Bible when you pray.
- Don’t fight distracting thoughts by trying to avoid them altogether.
- Choose a short phrase or sentence from the Bible.