What are the two kinds of instant messaging software?
there are two kinds of instant messaging software – application based and Web based. Application based instant messaging software is downloaded and installed on user’s computer. Some of the popular instant messaging software are: Google Talk • Yahoo! Messenger • Skype • Windows Live Messenger • Rediff Bol, etc.
What are the types of chatting?
There are three commonly used types of chat. They are Instant Messaging, ICQ, and IRC. Instant messaging (IM) is one of the most popular forms of chat. Most of the time, instant messaging (IM’ing) is just between two people, although most IM software can handle group chats (with 3 or more people.)
What are the uses of chat and instant messaging?
Chat and instant messaging (IM) are short messages sent and read in real time, allowing you to converse more quickly and easily than email. Chat and IM are generally used when both (or all) people are online, so your message can be read immediately.
What is the advantage of instant messaging?
Instant messaging facilitates a more streamlined flow of communication. While phone calls or emails can be time consuming, instant messaging allows colleagues to address issues in a live and prompt manner with minimum disruptions.
What is instant messaging explain?
Instant messaging (IM), form of text-based communication in which two persons participate in a single conversation over their computers or mobile devices within an Internet-based chatroom.
What are good rules for a group?
Guidelines for groups:
- Have respect for each other. – Respect each other’s ideas.
- All group members should do an equal amount of work.
- Your group should have a common understanding of goals that need to be achieved.
- Be open to compromise.
- Effective communication.
- Time management.
- Be happy in the group you are in.
What are the basic etiquettes?
- Be yourself – and allow others to treat you with respect. Let this one sink in, ladies.
- Say “Thank You”
- Give Genuine Compliments.
- Don’t be Boastful, Arrogant or Loud.
- Listen Before Speaking.
- Speak with Kindness and Caution.
- Do Not Criticize or Complain.
- Be Punctual.
How many types of instant messaging services are there?
What is proper online etiquette?
The first rule of internet etiquette is to be kind and courteous. It’s just as important to show good manners online as it always has been. Never flame or rant in a public forum. Show respect for the opinions of others, even if you don’t agree, and refrain from name-calling.
What are examples of instant messaging?
Instant messaging (IM) is becoming increasingly popular as a business communication tool, especially for more informal communication. Some examples of widely used IM services are Google Talk (commonly called Google Chat), Slack, Jabber, Spark, and many more.
How do you write rules?
10 Simple Rules For Good Writing
- Express, not impress.
- Simple sentences work best.
- Active, rather than passive.
- Know who your target audience is.
- Read it aloud.
- Avoid using jargon as much as possible.
- In terms of words, size matters.
- Being positive is better than being negative–even in writing!
What does a rough draft research paper look like?
Your rough draft will look like a completed paper with an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. But it will differ from your final draft in that it may contain “holes” for information you haven’t found yet, it may contain spelling and wording errors, and it may not flow as smoothly.
How do I get instant message?
- When you find the person you’re looking for, tap their name, and then tap the IM icon to send an instant message.
- Type a message, and then tap Send.
What are the key features of an instant messaging?
What are the Most Effective Features of Instant Messaging?
- Group Chat.
- Unlimited Size File Transfer.
- Screen Sharing.
- Video Chat.
What are the rules for chatting?
- You should know the person.
- Start with a short greeting.
- Be mindful of the receiver’s preferred style of communication.
- Keep the conversation short.
- Be careful with abbreviations.
- Never send bad news via IM.
- Don’t change meeting times or venues in an IM.
- Be aware of a status message.
What is Web based instant messaging?
Web-based Instant Messaging is an IM that is integrated or embedded in a web browser. Web-based IM requires no application download, updates, installation or configuration. You only require a computer that is connected to the internet with a web browser to communicate with your friends and family.
What are the basic needs to use instant messaging software?
The basic needs to use IM (chat) software are (a) an active Internet connection (it through/over the Internet that instant messaging is possible), (b) chat software to be downloaded (the chat software could be Watsapp, Skype, We chat, Viber, Telegram, FB messenger, Meebo, etc), and an account to be opened (in the name …
How do you create an instant messaging account?
- From the home screen of your phone, please tap the Menu icon. (
- Scroll down to and tap IM.
- Tap the Instant Messaging client you would like to use.
- At the bottom, tap Get a New ID or Get a Screen Name.
- You will be taken to the instant messenger’s sign up website.
- Enter information into the fields.
- Tap Create Account.