Is Msdaora deprecated?
Not only is MSDAORA deprecated, it is not included in newer Windows versions. It uses the ancient Oracle version 7 CLI, which is no longer supported by Oracle. Note that deprecated and not supported doesn’t mean it won’t work (or can’t be made to work with hacks) but you are own to do so.
How do I install Oracle provider for OLE DB?
- Download Oracle Client GUI version from Oracle website.
- Download ODAC from Oracle website.
- Install using setup.exe with all general properties.
- Open Net Manager and add tsn.
- Restart the server and it should start showing up under providers ‘Oracle for OLE DB’
- Make Connection and it should work.
What is Msdaora?
MSDAORA is short form for “Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle”. MSDAORA is driver provided by Microsoft to connect to Oracle database server. There is no 64-bit version provided by Microsoft for MSDAORA.
What is OLE DB Provider for Oracle?
OLE DB is a Microsoft data access standard accessed through ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), Visual C++, and any client that can use OLE DB. The goal of the Oracle Provider for OLE DB is to have a high performance and rich feature mechanism for data access to Oracle databases.
Can you install both 32 and 64 bit Oracle client?
You can install Oracle 32-bit and Oracle 64-bit on the same server. The two installs must reside in different ORACLE_HOME directories though. So install Oracle 32-bit in a different directory than your 64-bit version and they will both coexist quite nicely.
How do I know if my OLE DB provider is installed?
To find the guid, open regedit and search the registry for the provider name. For example, search for “Microsoft Jet 4.0 OLE DB Provider”. When you find it, copy the key (the GUID value) and use that in a registry search in your application.
What is the purpose of OLE DB in SQL?
OLE DB Driver for SQL Server was designed to provide a simplified method of gaining native data access to SQL Server using OLE DB. It provides a way to innovate and evolve new data access features without changing the current Windows DAC components, which are now part of the Microsoft Windows platform.
How do I install 32-bit Oracle client on 64-bit?
Managing 32-bit and 64-bit Oracle Client
- Install Oracle 32-bit client to c:\oracle2\product\12.1.0\client_1.
- Install Oracle 64-bit client to c:\oracle\product\12.1.0\client_1.
- Create a symbolic link c:\windows\system32\oracle to point to the 64-bit installation folder.
How can I tell if Oracle client is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Bring up command line prompt. Cd into the client directory and type in/run TNSPING. This will display client information and should note 64bit or 32bit.