How do you insert different page numbers in Word?
Add different page numbers or number formats to different…
- Select between the intro and the body of the document and go to Layout > Breaks > Next Page.
- In the header for the body section, deselect Link to Previous.
- In the intro section select Page Number and choose a location and style.
Why is my numbering not working in Word?
Numbers Won’t Restart Numbering To fix it, just select the previous number’s paragraph…the whole thing, including the paragraph return at the end. Hit the Format Painter, then select the “bad” paragraph, including the paragraph return at the end. That’ll fix it every time!
How do I make one page continuous in Word?
If you want a continuous print view , you can double click in the space between the two pages, the space between pages change to a line in all the document.
Why can’t I remove page numbers in Word?
Remove page numbers
- Go to Insert > Page Number, and then choose Remove Page Numbers.
- If the Remove Page Numbers button isn’t available or if some page numbers are still there, double-click in the header or footer, select the page number, and press Delete.
How do you fix automatic numbering in Word?
Turn on or off automatic bullets or numbering
- Go to File > Options > Proofing.
- Select AutoCorrect Options, and then select the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- Select or clear Automatic bulleted lists or Automatic numbered lists.
- Select OK.
How do I remove page number from first page in Word 2010?
Summary – how to remove the page number from the first page in Word 2010
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Page Number button, then choose the page number location.
- Check the box to the left of Different First Page.
- Click the Page Number button again, then click the Format Page Numbers option.
How do I insert page numbers excluding certain pages?
Start page numbering later in your document
- Go to Insert > Header or Footer > Edit Header or Edit Footer.
- Select Different First Page.
- In the header or footer area, you should see a label on the first page that says First Page Header.
- Select Close Header and Footer or press Esc to exit.
How do I fix repeated page numbers in Word?
- In the section, click into the header or footer of the section.
- In the Header & Footer Design Tools menu, select Page Number –> Format Page Numbers…
- In the Page Numbering section, select “Continue from Previous Section”.
How do I get rid of even and odd page numbers in Word?
Odd & Even Headers and Footers
- Choose Page Setup from the File menu. Word displays the Page Setup dialog box.
- Click on the Layout tab. (See Figure 1.)
- In the Headers and Footers section, make sure the check box labeled Different Odd and Even is selected.
- Click on OK.
How do you make an odd numbered list in Word?
Make the unwanted Odd or Even numbers into Hidden text. That hides the unwanted number lines but retains the numbering. Select the unwanted numbering lines using the Ctrl key to choose each line. Then open the full Font dialog box using the little arrow icon at bottom right of Home | Font.