How do I create a DOS boot disk for Windows XP?
How can I create an MS-DOS boot disk under Windows XP?
- Start My Computer (go to Start and click My Computer).
- Right-click the 3.5″ drive icon and select Format from the context menu.
- Select “Create an MS-DOS startup disk,” and click Start.
- Click OK when XP asks you to confirm.
How can I make a floppy disk bootable?
The sys command creates a bootable floppy disk by copying the msdos. sys , io. sys , and command.com files to the floppy disk. You should make the emergency disk on the same computer it may be used on.
How do I make a bootable floppy disk?
When formatting a floppy diskette, users have the option of creating an MS-DOS startup disk, follow the steps below to do this.
- Place diskette in the computer.
- Open My Computer, right-click the A: drive and click Format.
- In the Format window, check Create an MS-DOS startup disk.
- Click Start.
How do I format a corrupted Windows XP computer without CD?
Using System Restore
- Log in to Windows using an administrator account.
- Click “Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore.”
- Select “Restore my computer to an earlier time” and click “Next.”
- Choose a restore date from the calendar and select a specific restore point from the pane to the right.
How do I make a Windows 98 bootable CD?
To make the startup disk:
- Insert the disk in the A: drive. From the Start menu, select Settings, then Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Click the Startup disk tab.
- After this process is finished, test your disk by leaving it in the drive and clicking Start, then Shutdown, and then Restart the computer.
How do I make a Windows 98 boot disk floppy?
- Click the Start button and click Settings, Control Panel.
- From the Control Panel screen, click Add/Remove Programs.
- In the Add/Remove Programs screen, click the Startup Disk tab.
- Click the Startup Disk button and follow the screen instructions until the process is complete.
How to make Windows XP bootable disk?
– Drag and drop your WINXP folder into ImgBurn. – Select the Options tab. Change File System to ISO9660. Make sure that Recurse Subdirectories is checked. – Select the Advanced Tab and then select the Bootable Disc tab. Check the box for Make Image bootable. Select None (Custom) from the Emulation Type dropdown menu.
How do I make bootable Windows XP CD?
Download the Windows boot sector. You can download the Windows boot sector legally and for free from various places online.
How to setup Windows XP from USB drive?
WinUSB is a tutorial which allows. Connect the USB flash drive to a new PC. Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive Insert the Windows XP CD into your computer.
How to obtain Windows XP setup boot disks?
Download the setup program file for the Windows XP you have installed: Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2 Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2