What kind of light can you put in a drop ceiling?
Recessed lighting looks great in any room, and it is an especially good fit for a space with drop ceilings, such as a basement. Recessed lights look sleek and illuminate brightly without sacrificing any headroom.
How do you install LED recessed lights in a drop ceiling?
Recessed lighting looks great in any room, and it is an especially good fit for a space with drop ceilings, such as a basement….Add Bulbs and Trim
- Insert the light bulb into the recessed lighting housing.
- Attach the trim ring to the rim of the light can.
- Restore power to the room and turn on the lights to test them.
How do you secure a chandelier to the ceiling?
Attach the Chandelier
- Install the chandelier mounting bracket by attaching it to the ceiling box with screws. Take the hook at the end of the chandelier and insert it into the bracket.
- Thread the fixture’s mounting stem into the existing mounting bracket on the ceiling box.
How do you support a heavy light fixture?
If your light fixture weighs more than 50 lbs., it has to be supported independent of the electrical box. An easy solution is to install a fan brace box (available from home centers and hardware stores) that’s designed to be installed without cutting any additional holes in your ceiling.
Can I install chandelier on drop ceiling?
Things You’ll Need Suspend a chandelier from a drop ceiling. Drop ceilings are suitable for many remodeling jobs, but because of the way they’re constructed, they’re not designed to support heavy loads, like those of a chandelier.
How do you hang a chandelier from a drop ceiling?
Cut a 1-inch round hole in the panel with a utility knife.
- Feed the chain and power cord of the chandelier through the panel and a decorative ceiling round.
- Match the wires of the power cord and the chandelier to each other — black to black and white to white.
- Hang the chandelier chain from the hook on the joist.
How do you install a chandelier without a ground wire?
If by chance you are installing an electrical light fixture that has no ground wire into an electrical box with no ground wire as well, then simply connect together the hot wire from the electrical box to the hot (black or red) wire on the light fixture.
How to install recessed lighting?
Identify Lighting Locations. Use the manufacturer’s template to transfer the opening for each fixture to the ceiling.
How to install recessed lights in a drop ceiling?
For each ceiling tile where a light will be located,remove the tile and place it on a work surface.
What are the best lights for a drop ceiling?
Lighting quality is superior in terms of color rendering,color temperature and lumen output (compared to wattage used).
Can lights in drop ceiling?
LED can light will be the most appropriate choice for a drop ceiling. These fixtures are lightweight, energy-saver, and brighter. Other types of light bulbs produce more heat than LED bulbs. The heating issue is the biggest concern for the drop ceiling. Also, check the circuits where you will connect your light.