How do you view the definition of a stored procedure in Oracle?
Answer: The dba_source view contains the details on Oracle stored procedures and it’s easy to query dba_source to see stored procedure details. For a roadmap to the dictionary views, get the free Oracle poster, indispensible for these types of SQL queries.
How do you view the code of a procedure in Oracle?
how to display stored procedure
- 450441 Member Posts: 2,525. DESC will show you the parameters. To see the code you would do. SELECT text.
- Satish Kandi Member Posts: 9,627. If you would like to get a view about the parameters of the procedure, just use. SQL> desc ;
How do I view a stored procedure in Oracle SQL Developer?
In Oracle SQL Developer, click on the Schema to expand the node on the left side. Then click on the Procedure node to expand. List of Stored Procedure will display.
How can I see the procedure code in PL SQL Developer?
You can use the connections tab which is in the left side of sql developer. Show activity on this post. Browse to the connection name in the connections tab, expand the required object and just click, it will open the code in new tab.
How do you view a procedure?
To view the definition a procedure in Object Explorer
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of Database Engine and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, expand the database in which the procedure belongs, and then expand Programmability.
How do I identify all stored procedures referring a particular table in Oracle?
How to identify all stored procedures referring a particular…
- SELECT Name.
- FROM sys.procedures.
- WHERE OBJECT_DEFINITION(OBJECT_ID) LIKE ‘%TableNameOrWhatever%’
How can I see the source code of a procedure?
You can use user_source or all_source data dictionary view to view the procedure or function code. Try this. You can replace PROCEDURE with the type you want. You can view the source code of a function or a procedure by using data dictionary views.
How do I view a stored procedure in SQL?
First, run SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the Database Engine. Next, under Object Explorer, expand the database in which you have created a procedure, and then expand “Programmability” option. Next, expand “Stored Procedures”, right-click the procedure you want and then select “View Dependencies” option.
How do I view stored procedures in PL SQL?
- The source code of a stored procedure is stored as TEXT within Oracle (in the user_source relation.
- You can retrieve the source code by using the following query : SELECT text FROM user_source WHERE name = ‘STORED-PROC-NAME’ AND type = ‘PROCEDURE’ ORDER BY line;
How do I view a stored procedure in SQL Server?
How do I view a stored procedure in SQL query?
How do I check if a stored procedure exists in a database?
Check for stored procedure name using EXISTS condition in T-SQL.
- IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE type = ‘P’ AND name = ‘Sp_Exists’)
- DROP PROCEDURE Sp_Exists.
- create PROCEDURE [dbo].[Sp_Exists]
- @EnrollmentID INT.
- select * from TblExists.