How do I remove stuck tape from IBM LTO 5?
- Press the Drive Eject Button. The Drive Activity LED should blink to indicate activity.
- Wait for two minutes for the cartridge to eject, then remove the cartridge by hand.
How do you eject a tape drive?
1. Either press and hold the Eject button on the front of the tape drive for at least 15 seconds. Or press the Eject button three times within 5 minutes.
How do I reset my IBM tape library?
Resetting the tape drive
- Press and hold the eject button for 20 seconds, and then release the button. The LEDs on the drive flash while the reset function is in process.
- After the LEDs stop flashing, wait approximately one minute for the drive to complete the reset operation. The drive is then ready to use.
What should I do if my tape drive is blinking?
The tape drive has been power cycled or reset, and a slow tape rewind is in progress. This slow rewind may take up to 20 minutes depending on tape position. The Drive Activity LED should be blinking. After sufficient time has elapsed, visually check to see if the Drive Activity LED has stopped blinking.
How do I eject a tape drive from a host?
The Drive Activity LED should blink to indicate activity. Wait for two minutes for the cartridge to eject, then remove the cartridge by hand. The host had previously sent a PREVENT MEDIUM REMOVAL command to the tape drive, so that it would not eject. Issue the ALLOW MEDIUM REMOVAL command to the drive. Issue an Eject command from the relevant host.
How do I reset the tape drive?
The tape drive is hung due to a microcode problem, and must be reset. Press the Drive Eject button for a minimum of 15 seconds. This will cause a drive reset and force a drive dump to be taken. This dump can be recovered by support personnel for failure analysis. Follow the procedure in Solution 4. Contact your Support Center for assistance.