How do I get an authentication code for RuneScape?
To set up the RuneScape Authenticator, a player must visit the Authenticator landing page. Jagex generates a random 80-bit secret key unique to each user and presents it as a 2-dimensional barcode and as a 16-character Base32 string.
How do I log into RuneScape authenticator?
Now that the Authenticator is active only people who know the code will be able to access your account.
- Login as normal.
- You will be asked to enter your Authenticator code.
- Open your Authenticator app on your mobile device.
- Enter the 6-digit code from the app into the box.
How do I fix my authenticator Osrs?
Set up the authenticator again….Authenticator code not working
- Make sure the time on your mobile device and computer are exactly the same (Simply Googling ‘What is the time?’ is the quickest solution)
- Check the timezone on both devices are correct.
- Try entering your Authenticator code again.
What authenticator does rs3 use?
The RuneScape Authenticator is an additional layer of protection players can utilise on their accounts. It replaces the Jagex Account Guardian (JAG), by using an RFC-compliant time-based one-time password (TOTP) compatible with Google Authenticator.
How do I set up Authenticator app?
Set up Authenticator
- On your Android device, go to your Google Account.
- At the top, tap the Security tab. If at first you don’t get the Security tab, swipe through all tabs until you find it.
- Under “Signing in to Google,” tap 2-Step Verification.
- Under “Authenticator app,” tap Set up.
- Follow the on-screen steps.
How do I get the 6-digit code from Authenticator app?
To receive a one-time-passcode on your cellphone via text message, click Send Code Check your cellphone. You should have received a text message like the image below with a 6-digit verification code: Enter the 6-digit code received via text message on the Extranet login site Click Verify Code.
How do I get Google Authenticator back?
When you set up Google Authenticator two-factor authentication (2FA) in your account, you’re prompted to download a backup key. This code lets you restore access to your account in case you change or lose your phone, or accidentally delete the Google Authenticator app.
Can I recover my Google Authenticator?
How do I find my 6 digit authentication code on my iPhone?
From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.
What is the RuneScape authenticator?
The RuneScape Authenticator is an additional layer of protection players can utilise on their accounts. It replaces the Jagex Account Guardian (JAG), by using an RFC-compliant time-based one-time password (TOTP) compatible with Google Authenticator. This algorithm can be used both on supported mobile devices and in desktop implementations.
How does the authenticator work?
Once it’s set up, the Authenticator uses a code generator app – such as Google Authenticator for Android, iOS, and Blackberry phones, or Microsoft Authenticator for Windows PCs and phones – to generate a six-digit code. You will then need to enter this code, when prompted, as a second step each time you log in on a new PC.
How to set up the authenticator on my account?
Setting up the Authenticator To enable the Authenticator on your account: test 1 Head to your Authenticator account setti 2 Log in to your account 3 Select ‘Enable Authenticator’ 4 Download the relevant app for your phone
How do I enter my authenticator code on my mobile device?
1 Login as normal 2 You will be asked to enter your Authenticator code 3 Open your Authenticator app on your mobile device 4 Enter the 6-digit code from the app into the box 5 You now have the option to remember the device for 30 days – if you would like to do so, tick the box and then press ‘Continue’