How do I fix Outlook OST Cannot be opened?
The error OST file cannot be opened is often occurred when the OST file is corrupt. You can repair OST with Outlook’s in-built utility called ScanPST.exe, which is located in Outlook’s installation directory. However, ScanPST.exe may fail to repair large-sized and severely corrupt Outlook data file.
How do you fix your Outlook data file Cannot be configured?
Best Ways to Fix Your Outlook Data File Cannot be Configured
- Re-check the path of an OST file that MS Outlook is looking for on the computer system.
- Delete the OST file from a system and download the same from Exchange server.
- Reinstall MS Outlook application and then, try to open your profile.
Why won’t my Outlook data file open?
The easiest way to fix the “Outlook data file cannot be found” error is to create a new profile and use it as the primary profile in Outlook. This will get rid of any issues with the old profile’s configuration and let you start fresh.
How do I rebuild an OST file in Outlook?
Repair an Outlook data file (. pst) file
- Exit Outlook and browse to one of the following file locations:
- Open SCANPST.
- Select Browse to select the Outlook Data File (.
- Choose Start to begin the scan.
- If the scan finds errors, choose Repair to start the process to fix them.
How do I set up an Outlook data file?
Open an Outlook Data File (. pst)
- On the File tab, click Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Data Files tab, click Add.
- Click the Outlook Data File (. pst) file that you want to open, and then click OK.
Can I delete Outlook NST file?
Can I delete Outlook NST file? NST files may grow large in size, which may slow the performance of your computer and cause Outlook to crash. If you delete NST files they are automatically recreated by the Connector add-in. To permanently remove the NST file you must delete the Outlook profile and create a new profile.
Is not an Outlook data file .pst error?
If you get the error message “The file is not an Outlook Data File (. pst)” when trying to restore a backup of an original PST file, check if your PST file is oversized. Simply put, make sure that the file you are trying to access hasn’t exceeded its permissible size limit.
How do I open an OST file in Outlook?
Ways to View OST file in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, and Older Versions
- Click on File Tab >>Open & Export>>Open Outlook Data file.
- Choose the converted PST file and OK to view OST file data.