How do I connect my Huawei USB modem?
Insert your SIM
- Turn the back of your USB modem towards you.
- Turn your SIM as illustrated next to the SIM holder.
- Slide your SIM into the SIM holder.
- Place the back cover on your USB modem and press it into place.
- Connect your USB modem to your computer’s USB port.
- If the installation doesn’t start automatically:
How do I connect my Huawei modem to my computer?
Huawei R218H & R216H
- Turn on your Wi-Fi router or connect it to the USB port of your computer.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network on your computer.
- Enter your PIN code in the PIN code field and click OK.
- You are now connected to the Internet.
How do I activate my Huawei modem?
Plug the supplied Ethernet cable into the back of the modem and into your computer. A light will now appear on the LAN indicator of the modem. Open a web browser and the modem will take you to the activation portal. Switch on Wi-Fi on your device.
How do I log into my Huawei dongle?
Connect the modem to a desktop or laptop, then open a web browser, and go to 192.168. 2.2 (default IP address). Once you reach the modem’s configuration site, login (default username: admin , default password: admin). Once you’re logged in, go to Settings.
How do I fix my Huawei modem?
Restart your modem Sometimes a simple reboot of your modem can fix the problem.. To do this, press the Power button on the back of the modem, wait five seconds, then turn it on again. Wait for two minutes for the modem to start up and test.
How do I connect my Huawei modem to Wi-Fi?
Connect to a Wi-Fi Network
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi , and enable Wi-Fi.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network on the Wi-Fi screen using either of the following methods: Select a Wi-Fi network to connect to under Available networks. A password is required for encrypted networks.
How do I connect my Huawei router to the Internet?
Open an Internet browser on your computer. Enter the default IP address in your browser address bar and press the Enter key(check the nameplate on the router for the default IP address). In the login window, enter the login password for your router and select Log In.
How to update Huawei modem firmware?
– Select Huawei or what model your modem is and click the tiny modem icon – On the next page, select your model and click the same modem icon again. Now to upgrade the firmware, unzip the firmware update you downloaded and double-click the .exe file.
How to unlock Huawei modem?
– First, you must download the right firmware for your modem. You can download it from their official website but I prefer and recommend dc-files.com Update: These sites don’t seem to have the firmwares anymore. You can always check DC-Unlocker , Huawei Firmwares or Modem Unlock website.
Do I need to remove my modem to change the firmware?
Do not remove your modem and be sure you have enough poer on your laptop or UPS to last for about 30 minutes. – When you hit the start button, you may be prompted to enter your Flash code. This only happens when the new firmware version is different from the existing one on the device.
What should I do if my modem Flash starts flashing?
– When the flashing starts, be sure you follow the instruction on-screen. Do not remove your modem and be sure you have enough poer on your laptop or UPS to last for about 30 minutes. – When you hit the start button, you may be prompted to enter your Flash code.